Home > Study in China
Call for Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship
2014/2015 academic year
2014-02-07 21:31

Call for Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship

(EU Window)

(2014/2015 academic year)


Under the framework of China-EU High Level People-to-People Dialogue (HPPD), entrusted by China Scholarship Council (CSC), the Mission of P. R. China to the EU will continue to provide the scholarship EU Window in 2014.

This programme is a full scholarship for students or scholars who are the citizens of one of EU member states. The total number of scholarships for this academic year (September 2014 - July 2015) is 160.

For detailed information of this program, please check the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2049

All Applicants must firstly log on to  http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org to register, apply, submit on line, and then post the printed version of the application form along with other required documents to the Mission of P.R. China to EU in Brussels, Belgium.

Please download the following annex and read carefully to see if you are eligible to apply and prudently follow the instructions for online application:


Application Procedures of the Chinese Government Scholarship (2014-2015 EU Window)


Instructions for online application


Foreigner Physical Examination Form

The deadline of application is April 30th 2014. Applicants are advised to apply online earlier and send the needed documents to the following address on time.

EU Window

Office for Education and Culture

Mission of P. R China to the European Union.

Boulevard de la Woluwe, 100

1200 Brussels, Belgium

*Application post arrived later than May 5, 2014 will not be considered.

Should you have any question, please send e-mail to: chengong@moe.edu.cn

You can also find answers for common questions as below. Due to heavy workload, we may not answer calls for application procedures. Your understanding is very much appreciated.

Common Questions from applicants:

1.    Am I eligible to apply?

Please find answer by reading the 3 annex (especially annex 1). Virtually any EU citizens with senior high school diploma and above are all welcome to apply for corresponding programs.

2.    What's your Agency No.?

00006 .

3.    Is the physical examination necessary? Where shall I do it?

Every year, there were foreign students found pregnant or with contagious diseases after they were in China. It's the policy of the scholarship that physical exam form a must in your application documents, otherwise, you won't be considered. You can do it in any hospital; the form must bear the stamps of the hospital or the signature of the doctor. (Note: please select an appropriate time to take the exam because it is valid for only 6 months. Please send us the photocopy of the form but keep the original for visa application.)

* Applicants who are already in China and hold student's visa need no physical exam again.

4.    Is the international postal coupon necessary? How many coupons needed?

Yes. The coupons and an envelop with your address enable us to post your admission documents from Brussels. Normally three coupons are needed to send the documents. For Belgian applicants, just stick some Belgian stamps on your envelop. It's also desirable for applicants from other countries stick Belgian stamps if no coupons available in your country (ask your friends in Belgium to buy some and post to you!).

5.    What if I have no high school diploma? What if I will acquire my degrees in the coming June or July, 2014?

For language students, a high school diploma is the lowest threshold. If you are to acquire the high school diploma or your bachelor/master degree in the coming June or July, 2014, please enclose a certificate/letter from your school (with stamps or signature of director/president/dean) as well as the transcript which can prove that.

6.    Is the "Admission Letter" from a Chinese University necessary?

You are encouraged to contact Chinese universities for admission in advance. If you have one, please enclose it in your application package which may greatly increase your chances of being admitted (although not 100% sure), and you are most likely to be assigned to that University by CSC.

7.    Are recommendation letters necessary?

Yes and No. It's a must only for senior scholars and master/doctoral degree pursuers, unnecessary for others programs (language or bachelor degree). But we suggest you provide it to increase your chances of being admitted.

8.    What is the Study/ Research Plan?

A Study/Research plan includes: your motivation to study in China; why you are interested in learning/researching the targeting subject (e.g.: Chinese language and culture; China's urbanization & industrialization; Green Energy etc.); what you plan to learn/research in the following year; your early studies on the subject (the strength of your targeting university if you apply for a degree program) etc.. A well-elaborated study/research plan shows your academic competency and right attitude which convince CSC you are the right candidate.

9.    Does this scholarship include degree study?

Yes. In the past, you can only apply for language study or visiting scholars programs. But now it's flexible enough to enable you directly apply for degree study. Please notice that you must pass the assessment from the school at the end of each academic year. There are 40 students renewed their scholarship in this way, that's why you saw only 160 budgets this year (our original budget is 200).

10.  Can I only send electronic materials to you by e-mails?

No. You must post your material in duplicate to our office in Brussels. We will send one copy to CSC for verification and keep one for files.

11.  Can I apply for studying in Hong Kong or Macau Universities?

NO. This scholarship only validates in mainland China.

12.  How to choose universities and majors?

The universities that international students could apply are all good universities in China. Please log onto http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/universityen.aspx for consultation. You can also surf the university websites, searching for the courses you are interested in (which language is taught). Consult alumni through Facebook\Twitter and other social media. It's all up to you.

13.  Can I apply to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in my country for "EU Window" scholarship?

NO. You can only apply to us (Mission of P.R. China to the EU in Brussels) for EU Window Scholarship.

Suggest to a friend: