Home > Study in China
Call for Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship
2016-02-16 23:00

Call for Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship

(EU Window)

(2016/2017 academic year)

Under the framework of China-EU High Level People-to-People Dialogue (HPPD), entrusted by China Scholarship Council (CSC), the Mission of P. R. China to the EU will continue to provide the Chinese Government Scholarship through EU Window Program in 2016.

This program is a full scholarship for EU citizens. The total number of scholarships for this academic year (September 2016 - July 2017) is 137.

For detailed information of this program, please check the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3154

All Applicants must log on to http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org to register, apply, submit on line, and post the printed version of the application form along with other required documents to the Mission of P.R. China to EU in Brussels, Belgium.

Please download the following annex and read carefully to see if you are eligible to apply and prudently follow the instructions for online application:

Annex1: Application Procedures of the Chinese Government Scholarship (2016-2017 EU Window)

Annex2: Instructions for online application

Annex3: Foreigner Physical Examination Form

The deadline of application is April 30th 2016. Applicants are advised to send your application package to the following address earlier than that.

EU Window

Office for Education and Culture

Mission of P. R China to the European Union.

Boulevard de la Woluwe,

100 1200 Brussels, Belgium

*Application post arrived later than April 30, 2016 will not be considered.

Should you have any question, please send your e-mail to: chengong@moe.edu.cn; or to hkdu@moe.edu.cn

You can also find answers for common questions as below. Due to heavy workload, we won't answer calls for application procedures. Your understanding is highly appreciated.


1. Am I eligible to apply?

Please find answer by reading the 3 annex (especially annex 1). Virtually any EU citizen between age 18-50 are all eligible to apply for corresponding programs.


2. What's your Agency No.?

00006 .


3. Is the physical examination necessary? Where shall I do it?

Yes. Physical exam form is a must in your application documents. You can do it in any hospital; the form must bear the stamps of the hospital or the signature of the doctor. (Note: please select an appropriate time to take the exam because it is valid for only 6 months. Please send us the photocopy but keep the original for visa application.)

* Applicants who are already in China and hold student's visa needs no extra physical exam if he/she has had one already.


4. What if I have no high school diploma? What if I will acquire my bachelor/master degrees in the coming June or July, 2016?

For language students, a high school diploma is the lowest threshold. If you are to acquire you diploma (e.g.: high school, bachelor, master) in the coming June or July, 2016, please enclose a certificate/letter from your school (with stamps of the school or signature of director/president/dean), together with the academic transcript which can prove you will graduate from high school soon.


5. Is the "Admission Letter" from a Chinese University necessary?

Yes and No. You are encouraged to contact Chinese universities for admission in advance. Please enclose the admission letter in your application package which may increase your chances of being admitted by our scholarship, and you are most likely to be assigned to your target University by CSC. There is no problem if you don't have any admission letter from universities; actually, every year, most applicants apply without it.


6. Are recommendation letters necessary?

Yes and No. It's a must only for senior scholars, master or doctor degree pursuers, and you should have two letters written in English or Chinese from professors or associate professors, or other prestigious personnel. It's unnecessary for others programs (language or bachelor degree study). But we suggest you have it to increase your chances of being admitted.


7. What is the Study/ Research Plan?

A Study/Research plan includes: your motivation to study in China; why you are interested in learning/researching the targeting subject (e.g.: Chinese language and culture; China's urbanization & industrialization; Green Energy etc.); what you plan to learn/research in the following years; your early studies on the subject, the strength of your targeting university in China. A well-elaborated study/research plan shows your academic competency and right attitude which convince CSC you are the right candidate.

* A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-graduates and 800 words for postgraduates.


8. Can I only send electronic materials to you by e-mails?

Absolutely No. You must post the hard copies of needed documents in duplicate to our office in Brussels.


9. Can I apply for studying in Hong Kong or Macau Universities?

NO. This scholarship only validates in mainland China.


10. How to choose universities and majors?

Please log onto http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/universityen.aspx for consultation. Only the listed Chinese HEIs in the Directory are available for your study in China. To find your most desired HEI, You can surf each university's websites, searching for the courses you are most interested in (what language is the course taught?). Consult alumni through Facebook\Twitter and other media.


11. Can I apply to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in my country for "EU Window" scholarship?

NO. You can only apply to our office (Mission of P.R. China to the EU in Brussels) for "EU Window" Scholarship.


12. When will I know the result?

Normally, in the middle of July. We will announce the name-list of those admitted in our website (Same page as this one). You can also double check it by bruising CSC website.


13. How do I get the admission documents?

We will send them to you by post from Brussels.

* In your application package, you need to attach an envelope with your mailing address. If you are selected, we will use this envelope to post you the admission documents from Brussels. A reliable address is at your own responsibilities. Please be reminded that we will not return these envelopes if you are not selected.


14. Do I need to send postage or international postal (reply) coupon as before?

No. For this year, all the postage will be paid by our office and you needn't send any postage or coupons as before.

* Please don't enclose cash in the envelop, it's not permitted by the post office and even a penny may cause great trouble to us!


15. What's the use of an empty envelop with my address? What if I haven't sent one with my application package?

An empty envelope (medium-sized or A4-sized) with your reliable address is a must; those who don't enclose one will not be considered.


16. How was the admission procedure? Why sometimes applicants were not admitted to their desired universities?

The applications will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted if they fail to meet the eligibility or the application documents are incomplete. CSC will assess all the applications and forward the qualified applicants to targeting universities for final decision.

CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institutions, majors and duration of study. So, it's natural if you are distributed to a university which you didn't choose. But, please note that all HEIs (high education institutions) under our scholarship program are very good.


17. More knowledge about Foreigner Physical Examination Form:

It's pretty hard to understand some items on the physical exam form. Our main concern is to prevent foreigners from bringing infectious diseases to China, chest X-ray for tuberculosis, Blood test for AIDs and Syphilis and others epidemic diseases. But as we know, some diseases are rare in Europe for years and unless there is a must, doctors wouldn't sign those tests in case the invasive harm to you.

So we hereby confirm that you may not need these tests if your doctor thinks you are in perfect health. But, Your doctor is required and highly appreciated to fill out the physical exam form properly with "OK" or "Good" etc., together with his signature or the stamps of the hospital.

For items like "nose", "eye", "ears", "extremities", your doctor can simply fill out "normal" or "abnormal", together with his signature or the stamps of the hospital. As long as the form bears a doctor's signature or the stamps of a hospital, it will be accepted.

Suggest to a friend: